Updated April 22, 2020
Forward Advantage understands that the current health crisis has made both resources and time particularly tight for our customers. In response, we have compiled a list of educational and virtual resources, along with free health IT solutions to help address COVID-19.
The document contains twelve potential scenarios that could unfold in a community outbreak with moderate to severe infection rates. Each of these scenarios—which cover impact on capacity, clinicians and staff, finances, and the broader ecosystem—includes a set of questions that leaders can use to engage preparedness planning leaders, taskforces, partners, and other executives to identify potential gaps in strategy.
• Does your hospital have proper sanitization protocols in place?
Read HP’s executive summary on Discovering the Clinical and Financial Value of Sanitized Devices to learn the health and economic gains from having equipment that can be cleaned and disinfected properly.
• Supporting engagement of all clinicians as they deal with intense workloads
For many physicians, the growing list of mandates and unrelenting pace of change in today’s health care world is too much to bear. As a result of feeling burned out, physicians are more likely to be apathetic to work, indifferent to patients, and at risk for mental health issues.
• Practical takeaways from America’s COVID-19 ground zero
Dr. Amy Compton-Phillips, chief clinical officer for Providence St. Joseph Health, talks the use of chatbots, telemedicine and drive-thru clinics in treating the virus.
GSI’s staff has worked remotely for 15+ years and knows there is a lot of setup necessary to make this work right. In a recorded webinar, GSI shares tips to rapidly enable a remote workforce.
MEDITECH is offering many new resources and solutions for help combating the COVID-19 pandemic. Including FAQs, COVID-19 screening specific templates, sophisticated surveillance and analytics dashboards.
The CMS shared recommendations on restarting essential healthcare services. The guidelines are intended for healthcare organizations in areas with low or stable levels of COVID-19.
Health IT Offerings
• Chilmark Research created a curated list of companies and the complimentary solutions they’re offering to help address the COVID-19 crisis.
• IMO adds new terminology content in response to Coronavirus outbreak.
• Allscripts Virtual Triage to provide much-needed support for organizations.
• Orbita Launches COVID-19 ChatBot Screener and Knowledge Base.
• NEW: Amazon Web Services made its COVID-19 data lake available to support hospitals, researchers and public health officials.
• NEW: Google will roll out new features in Search and Maps that will highlight telehealth options. Hospitals, doctors and mental health professionals can now add details about their virtual care offerings to their virtual Business Profile in Seach and Maps.
• NEW: Experian Health offers a free, regularly updated list of COVID-19 and telehealth payer policy alerts for hospitals, medical groups, and pharmacies, describing more than 1,140 changes in medical coverage policy changes. It will be continually updated as more are provided
• NEW: Microsoft has announced the expanded availability of its AccountGuard security service program to help healthcare organizations guard against cyberattacks from nation-states.
• NEW: Henry Schein Medical offers providers free 90-day use of VisualDx, which enhances telemedicine visits with shared images and documents.
• NEW: Navin, Haffty & Associates offers complimentary EHR advisory service: NHA Lends A Hand.
Our team is sensitive to the fact that the current health crisis has made resources and time particularly tight for our customers. In response, we created a COVID-19 Resources Page containing timely and relevant information from Forward Advantage, our partners and other Health IT sources. We have personally hand-selected these resources for our customers and will continue to provide regular updates.
A big thank you to our customers for everything you are doing in this fight. Please know that Forward Advantage is here for you every step of the way.