Achieve Secure Mobility with MEDITECH Expanse and Forward Advantage
MEDITECH and Mobility
Keep reading for reasons behind the rise of provider mobility and a few quick tips to start building and maintain your mobile strategy.
Mobility Drivers and Challenges
Creating a Mobile Strategy
Creating a mobile strategy can be difficult, however here are a few recommendations that we suggest when discussing mobility projects with our customers.
1. Ensuring that you have the right patient from the start is critical.
2. Look at the needs of your providers when evaluating solutions.
To create a user-centric culture of mobility, information needs to be seamless, timely, automated, and intelligent. Providers should be at the core of your mobile strategy with information that’s delivered to the right person, at the right time, and to the right place.
3. Give users access at any end-point device.
Virtualization gives providers access to applications from any end-point device with unparalleled reliability. The health and bandwidth of your infrastructure play an important role and can benefit from optimization services.
4. Single sign-on and advanced authentication greatly optimize clinical workflows.
They allow users to quickly and easily authenticate for secure access to all the applications and information needed to care for patients. There are many authentication modalities, and using the right approach will save clinicians time per shift, allowing them to spend valuable time with the patient.
5. Are you prepared from a security perspective?
Individuals who have remote access traditionally have access to the most sensitive and vulnerable information within your system. Healthcare organizations are attractive targets, because they hold both health and financial information. The HIMSS 2015 Cyber Security Survey showed that phishing and similar attacks are a #1 threat. Additionally, the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) 2015 report to congress noted that 65 percent of cyber security instances could have been prevented with multi-factor security authentication.
Solutions and Services to Get You There
Forward Advantage offers a variety of solutions and services to create an ideal clinical workflow and accommodate a mobile workforce. Our solutions work together with MEDITECH Expanse, a web-based EHR, to streamline access to information for quality care. This includes:
• Virtualization Services: Virtual access to applications from any end-point device
• Single Sign-On and Advanced Authentication: Eliminate the hassle of multiple passwords with single sign-on and advanced authentication
• Mobile Authentication: Authenticate from a mobile device with the simple tap of a badge
• Secure Messaging: HIPAA-compliant mobile messaging that can be integrated with your EHR for anywhere/anytime access to critical data
• Virtual Printing: Secure printing from any location with the tap of a badge